GPS To Telegram Messenger
By NUDGE ME
IMPORTANT!! Please read the instructions below to know how to set the correct Telegram Chat ID on the app, otherwise you may not get the supposed result!!
Track your location of your devices at ease through Telegram messenger app! Enjoy real-time free surveillance system through your mobile devices.
Use this app to locate yourself or your family via Telegram messenger app. Install this app on your or your family's device and you are ready to go.
1. Install this app to your device (smartphone or tablet).
2. Open your personal Telegram app. Install and register it if you have not done it yet.
3. Search "@gps2telebot" on your Telegram messenger app.
4. Click on "START" button or send "/start" to activate the bot. The bot will reply you with "Chat ID".
5. Open this app (TeleGPS app).
6. Open Settings menu by pressing "gear-like" button on top right of the app window or press Menu button to access the Settings sub menu.
7. Enter the "Telegram Chat ID" field with the Chat ID obtained in step 4.
8. Modify other parameters such as "Preferred device name", "Geofence perimeter" and "Interval" value that suit your needs (just leave them as default if you are not sure about this).
9. Click on the Back button of your device to return to the main screen of the app.
10. Click "GPS OFF" button. The app will prompt you to enable your device's GPS if you still haven't done so. The button will change to "GPS ON" indicating the the GPS function has been started.
11. The app will start to acquire GPS signal. After "Latitude" and "Longitude" value is displayed, you can press "Lock coordinate" button to start the geofencing feature.
That's all. The bot will notify you through the Telegram messenger app when your device is moved outside the allowable range (refer the geofence perimeter value). The example usage of this app is to monitor your vehicle when you are on a meeting by leaving one of your mobile device equipped with this app in the vehicle. When the case the vehicle is stolen and leaving the locked location, you will be immediately notified through your Telegram app.
Of course you will need another device to open the Telegram messenger app such as another mobile phone, tablet of desktop computer (note that Telegram app can be accessed in mutiple devices simultaneously).
The bot will either send you the current location or current map or both to your Telegram messenger app in customizable interval such as every 10 seconds, 30 seconds or etc depending to the value in the Settings menu.
You can choose to make the bot send the locations to other family member by using the group chat function. Add the "@gps2telebot" to one of your Telegram group chat. Obtain the Group Chat ID by sending "/myid" command to the bot.
Enter the ID to the Telegram Chat ID field as in step 7. Continue to step 8 to step 11. There you are, the app will send the locations of your group member to the group chat (make sure that every member installs the TeleGPS app on their device).
This app needs internet connection to send the GPS coordinates to the Telegram server. Please note that the data usage is minimum as only text commands are sent to the server, not images. The distance is calculated based on absolute value, not based on walking/driving path between two points.